A brief history of the school

 

             "St. Kliment Ohridski" Basic School in Burgas has developed educational activities since the period of liberation. It was built in the churchyard in the village of Atanasovo by the  local master - builder  Vasil Macedonian.

 

  Formally the school was open in 1884.

 

   

             Reliable historical data says that the official opening of the school was in 1884. Nowadays "St. Kliment Ohridski" School in Burgas is the oldest school in the city.

             In 1919 some bright young people built a stage in the one of the largest classrooms where theatrical performances were shown by them and with the participation of teachers. This gave rise to amateur theater in the city of Burgas.

             In 1926 the school building was renovated. So on 15th September 1938 the classes began in the new school building and on 8th December the same year was officially given the name of the school - the name of the first medieval   Bulgarian saint, scholar, writer, teacher and enlightener Saint Clement of Ohrid St. Kliment Ohridski.


  

   

               On 1st October 1966 the school building was solemnly consecrated.

               "St. Kliment Ohridski" is:

               - Awarded with the medal of"St. Cyril and Methodius" - first degree.

               - Winner of the "Blue Flag".

               - "Eco-School" in Bulgaria.

              - Partner programme of international relations and exchanges between TD "Izgrev" Burgas and Bulai, Germany.

               -Partner of the "Schools Europe"

               - Partner in the international project "Healthy mind in the healthy body" - "Comenius" sub-programme, "Lifelong Learning" programme.

 

              "St. Kliment Ohridski" provides quality and accessible education according to the educational requirements and standards.

               It works for the development and expression of the childrens interests and abilities in the school, supports the formation of a citizenship and a responsible behavior.

In 2009 two projects for rehabilitation and renovation of the facade of the school and replacing windows were implemented and funded by the Municipality.

In 2011 and 2015 the courtyard of the school called "Ecozone outdoor" was aestheticized and built through a project of national campaign "Clean Environment 2015".

In the summer of 2014 the second floor of the school building was updated and renovated and 4 classrooms and multipurpose hall  were equipped with modern equipment . All of that was implemented by the  Project The "St. Kliment Ohridski" School- The School of the Future, " sponsored by "America for Bulgaria", co-funded by the school .

Today there are 53 teachers and 625 students studying at school from the 1st to the 7th grade. The Principal of the school is Julia Peneva.

  

 


e-mail:info-200210@edu.mon.bg